Monday, January 2, 2012

new-new-new

so many NEW things happening. new state, new ward (church), new year...all good things of course. i had the most amazing time at church yesterday. being the new couple is always a fun & exciting thing but part of me was nervous for it...you see, there have been so many changes in my life lately that i am tending to feel a lil overwhelmed. i miss my family greatly...i sometimes feel like i am on the verge of tears at any moment. yesterday at church though, was a big blessing to me! the relief society lesson was exactly what i needed to hear. it never ceases to amaze me how in tune our heavenly father is with us. i am grateful for the moments that i can feel his love for me...to know that he is watching over me, over my family, & over my friends.

the lesson was on this past general womens broadcast for our church that happened in october. the talk was given by president uchtdorf & it had a great deal to do with self worth & the patience that we need to have with ourselves, it is titled "Forget Me Not". i find myself trying to do so many things...& along with all of those many things that i am trying to do, i also need to adapt to my new lifestyle. i cant be perfect at everything but i can utilize the gifts that i was blessed with.

FoRgEt Me NoT tOp 5
1. forget not to be patient with yourself
2. forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
3. forget not to be happy NOW!
4. forget not the "why" of the gospel
5. forget not that the Lord loves you

it is a perfect talk to read here is the link to it if you are interested in reading it : FORGET ME NOT

i hope you all are enjoying day 2 of your new year! tonight i made a yummy dinner of stuffed bell peppers & then we are off to having a lovely family home evening with my honey & bestie & her man...& sweet ava (their baby girl too)

No comments:

Post a Comment